Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Eagles Have Landed

Day ONE

So, my dad and his "life partner" Esther (she asked me to stop referring to her as his girlfriend) are visiting from Illinois. I've decided since I can't express my angst or document their age related hilarity on Facebook (since Esther is a member) I would begin a blog. I feel like having a space to write out the every day nuttiness will help me to process and not be frustrated...right?

So - going back to day 1 - dad and Esther arrived on Monday, December 17th.  Our journey begins on Sunday, December 16th when the phone rings while I'm baking cookies...in my somewhat messy house.  Joe is taking a nap (at 8:00pm) on the couch and our plan is to finish the cleaning on Monday night...yes, we are procrastinators. 

It is Esther calling to tell me that she is excited about their arrival...tomorrow on December 17th. What? I have their arrival on my calendar as December 18th. I wrote it down while talking to her.

So in a Deaf Con 5 panic we - CLEANED, CLEANED, CLEANED... and picked them up from the airport Monday night.

By the way...did I mention that they bought one way tickets and don't know when their return date to Illinois is?

Fun!  


No comments:

Post a Comment