Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 4 - Let the POWER SHOPPING Continue!

By now I've learned that getting on the road early is a misnomer and I decide to sleep in a bit and enjoy my vacation. 

The aging ones are finally ready to hit the road at 11:00 and would like to head to IKEA today. Good lord, does IKEA have motorized scooters?

We make the trek from the house to the car, painfully get everyone buckled in and head out onto the open highway when my dad pipes up from the back seat "wow look at the traffic would you? I've never seen this many cars, it's more than Chicago!"

Geez, its' a common theme and literally the same statement every single time we are in the car. I've stopped even responding to it at this point. So, he feels the need to repeat it at every turn onto a new road.

I decide that since we are heading to the Chandler area we can meet my hubby for lunch/breakfast/brunch...whatever...it's noon when we get there. Lunch ends and we make it to IKEA, even though my dad is certain I don't know where I'm going.

So, IKEA...no scooters and a path through the store with very few shortcuts is so much fun when we discover that the item we came for (they were purchasing flatware) is about 10 steps from the front entrance. Fantastic...we spent an hour walking...again, slooowly...through the whole store. 

And, while walking through the store, have I mentioned that they continually stop to look at whatever catches their eye but do so stopped in the complete middle of the aisle with no room to walk around them. Everyone behind them has to just wait and these two are completely oblivious. 

I try to shuffle them off to the side and they just don't get it. Every time they stop it's the same. At one point a woman was a bit huffy behind them, although, didn't say a word. I apologize and again move them out of the way...she passes as my dad exclaims "Well, some people are just so rude!"

Really?!  Geez, is there a plot of sand I can bury my head in now?

Our excursion to IKEA over, I ask them where they want to go next...since we are Power Shopping and all...and almost throw a party when they say they are exhausted and are happy to head home!

Vacation Schmacation...I need a beach somewhere and a tropical drink.    

No comments:

Post a Comment